She looks at Wellbeing as a whole, mental and physical, through emotional wellbeing, sound nutrition and enjoyable exercise – WWW.CHLOEBOWLER.COM
We asked Chloe what dish she’d recommend for the change of seasons….
“This is one of my favourite recipes as we move from Summer to Autumn. When you’re not quite ready for a casserole or curry, but need some warming flavours, this is actually a really comforting meal. Butternut Squash won’t be in season for too much longer, so I love to use it as much as I can while it still is! Adding the spices to the squash gives it a kick of warmth, and the sweetness of the squash is the perfect combination with the saltiness of the feta. This dish also works really well without the feta as a side to accompany white fish or chicken.”
Quinoa, Butternut Squash, Feta & Broccoli Salad
Ingredients (serves 2)
100g Butternut Squash
1 Crown of Broccoli
50g Mixed Quinoa
Handful of Pumpkin Seeds
250ml Vegetable Stock
½ tsp Medium Curry Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 red onion
1 red chilli
- Steam the quinoa in 250ml of vegetable stock.
- Chop the onion and butternut squash up into little chunks, drizzle with oil and sprinkle on the curry powder, cumin and chopped up chilli.
- Mix it in so the squash and onion is coated with the oil and spices and then place on a baking tray at 180°C for 30 minutes until roasted.
- Cut up the broccoli and steam the florets for 5 minutes.
- Simply mix the quinoa and broccoli in to the squash and onion, crumble the feta in and top with pumpkin seeds to serve.
Low GI for slow-release energy
Calcium from broccoli and feta cheese